The material contained in this web site 22.214.171.124 has been produced by Alan Chan Design Company in accordance with its current practices and policies and with the benefit of information currently available to it, and all reasonable efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the contents of the pages of the web site at the time of preparation. Alan Chan Design Company regularly reviews the web site and where appropriate will update pages to reflect changed circumstances.
Notwithstanding all efforts made by Alan Chan Design Company to ensure the accuracy of the web site, no responsibility or liability is accepted by Alan Chan Design Company in respect of any use or reference to the web site in connection with any matter or action taken following such use or reference or for any inaccuracies, omissions, mis-statements or errors in the said material, or for any economic or other loss which may be directly or indirectly sustained by any visitor to the web site or other person who obtains access to the material on the web site.
The material on this web site is for general information only. No claims, actions or legal proceedings in connection with this web site brought by any visitor or other person having reference to the material on this web site will be entertained by Alan Chan Design Company.
The entire content of this web site is subject to copyright with all rights reserved. You may download a hard copy of individual pages of this web site for your own personal, non-commercial use given that you do not remove any copyright notices.
In respect of any third-party web sites referred to or accessed by hypertext link through this web site, the copyright of the contents of such third-party web sites shall belong to their respective owners.
You are advised to obtain the opinion of such respective owners before using and/or copying the contents of their web sites.
This policy (“Policy”) sets out how Alan Chan Design Company and its subsidiaries (collectively “we”, “our” or “us”) collect, use, store and handle personal data.
By using our site, it means that you accept and agree to abide by all of the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use.
126.96.36.199 is a web site operated by Alan Chan Design Company. Our main trading address is 1901 Harcourt House, 39 Gloucester Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong.
A. Commitment to Personal Data Protection
We are committed to protecting the privacy of the personal data (“Personal Data”) we hold. To ensure that you can make informed decisions and feel confident about providing your Personal Data to us, we outline in this Policy our practices and the choices you have concerning the collection and use of your Personal Data.
B. The Personal Data We Collect
The types of Personal Data we collect from you will depend on the specific type of services and products as requested by, or provided to you. The types of Personal Data may include (without limitation) the following:
- Your contact information (e.g. your name, company name, phone numbers, mailing addresses or email addresses)
- Your comments and responses to market surveys, contests and promotional offers conducted by us or on our behalf; and/or
information when you use our websites or other services or products (e.g. behavioral information, purchasing history, location information, browser details, IP addresses).
Certain Personal Data (e.g. relating to your personal information and contact information) are required for specific services and if you fail to supply such Personal Data as requested from each specific service, we may not be able to deliver you the services or products. By providing your Personal Data to us, you acknowledge that such provision is fair and reasonable in the circumstances.
C. Purposes for Collecting and Using your Personal Data
The purposes for which your Personal Data are collected and used may include (without limitation) one or more of the following purposes:
- For the supply of any services, products, information and/or other subjects (together, the “Services”) which we may offer to you, or you may require from us, from time to time;
- For payment purposes for any of the Alan Chan Design Company and subsidiaries, including verification of credit card details with third parties;
- For use of the online services available at any of the websites of Alan Chan Design Company and/or through other telecommunication channels;
- With your consent, for marketing or promoting any of the Alan Chan Design Company (e.g. sending you updates on our latest offers and promotions in relation to any of our Services from time to time);
- For identification and verification purposes in connection with any of the Services that may be supplied to you;
- For communicating with you by email, mail, fax, phone or other means, including contacting you regarding your enquiries;
- For making disclosures when required by law, regulation, or court order of any jurisdiction and/or as requested by any government, regulatory or law enforcement authority or administrative organisation, which may be within or outside The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China (“Hong Kong”);
- For establishing legal claims or defences, obtaining legal advice, and/or exercising, defending and/or protecting the rights or properties of any member of Alan Chan Design Company, including identifying, contacting or bringing legal action against any person who may be causing interference with such rights or properties (whether intentionally or otherwise) or where any other person could be harmed or property of any other person could be damaged by such interfering activities;
- For the use by any member of Alan Chan Design Company in connection with any of the above purposes and/or any of the Services that any member of Alan Chan Design Company may offer or supply to you from time to time; and/or
- For any other incidental or associated purposes relating to the above, or any other purposes as specified in a personal information collection statement when your Personal Data is being collected, or any other purposes which you may from time to time agree.
We will not knowingly or intentionally use, share or sell your Personal Data in ways, which are unrelated to the above purposes (or purposes as specified in a personal information collection statement when we collect your Personal Data) without your prior consent.
D. DISCLOSURE AND TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
To facilitate the purposes mentioned under “C. Purposes for which your Personal Data are Collected and Used”, we may transfer, disclose, grant access to or share your Personal Data with third parties located within or outside Hong Kong, and your Personal Data may be transferred within or outside Hong Kong. These third parties may include the following:
- Any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, marketing and research, distribution, data processing, telemarketing, telecommunications, computer, payment or other services to or support the operation of Alan Chan Design Company’s business (including its/their direct marketing activities);
- Credit reference agencies, credit, debit and/or charge card companies and/or banks;
- Any person, government or law enforcement authority or administrative organisation;
- Any person under a duty of confidentiality to any member of Alan Chan Design Company (including accountants, legal advisers or other advisers);
The Personal Data you provide to us may also be sourced from or transferred to other jurisdictions outside Hong Kong for the purpose mentioned above.
E. DIRECT MARKETING
If we intend to use your Personal Data (including your name and contact details) collected from you for direct marketing purposes (e.g. to send you marketing communications about news, offers or promotions in relation to the Services or Activities of Alan Chan Design Company), we will first obtain your consent (or an indication of no objection) before doing so.
If we intend to provide your Personal Data (including your name and contact details) collected from you to third parties for their use in direct marketing, we will first obtain your consent (or an indication of no objection) before doing so.
You may opt-out from receiving marketing communications from us at any time, free of charge by following the opt-out instructions contained in the communications.
Only the information that you provide, or the choices you make while visiting a website, can be stored in a cookie. Allowing a website to create a cookie does not give that or any other site access to the rest of your computer, and only the site that created the cookie can read it.
We may also collect information regarding your IP address, browser type, domain name and access time. This information is used for our own research purposes. As it is not linked to any personal information, it is separate from your Personal Data. In rare instances, IP addresses may be used to assist in deterring and/or preventing abusive or criminal activity on the website.
If you use the WiFi available at our properties, we may collect your location data (if you have consented to this on your device). We may use your location data to keep track of your activity patterns and preferences in order to improve the level of service you receive. Your location data may be combined with other information we receive from third parties to provide you with better service and, where you have consented to receive direct marketing, we may provide you with targeted advertisements, content, features, deals and offers in relation to the classes of marketing subject as set out in the relevant personal information collection statement when your Personal Data is being collected.
If you interact with us on social media platforms (for example if you “Like” our Facebook Page or post on our timeline), we can interact with you and send you messages via these platforms. We will interact with you in accordance with the social media platform’s rules but we are not responsible for how the platform operators collect and handle your Personal Data. We are not responsible for what third parties post on our social media accounts.
G. DATA RETENTION
Subject to any legal, statutory, regulatory or accounting requirements, the Personal Data you provide to us will be kept by us in the appropriate form only for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes mentioned above after which it will be destroyed.
H. OTHER WEBSITES
In order to anticipate your needs, our websites may contain links to third party sites that are operated under different privacy practices.
All such websites are independent from our websites. We have no control over the contents of such other websites or their privacy policies or compliance with the law. You should therefore be fully aware the provision of such links does not constitute an endorsement, approval, or any form of association by or with Alan Chan Design Company. We have no control over Personal Data that is submitted to these other websites. You should remain alert when you leave our websites, and read the privacy statements of other websites.
This Policy may be amended from time to time. You may access and obtain a copy of this Policy, as amended from time to time, at 188.8.131.52 so that you are always informed of the way we collect and use Personal Data.
This Policy is written in the English language and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the translated version of this Policy, the English version shall prevail.
J. CONTACT US
Alan Chan Design Company
1901 Harcourt House, 39 Gloucester Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong